Thursday, June 10, 2010

Personal Photographer: A Necessary Luxury for All!


Today, as I am looking forward to some gigs coming up in the near future, I am thinking about photos and video as key elements of documentation when working as a hoop dance instructor.

I am very blessed to say that I have a great photographer, Heather Davis, whom I have taken to calling my "personal photographer". Of course, though, there are times when out schedules don't jive, etc AND what I am realizing I sorely need is a VIDEOGRAPHER. I love making promo videos with the software on my Mac--but finding someone (with skill) to capture that footage, ah!

Perhaps what I should do is scour the campuses where I work/study for budding film students, with at least a passing interest in hoop dance, looking to make a few bucks. Or, better yet, to barter their time for hoops, instruction, even party entertainment, fire hoop performances, etc

Long Island film students: you out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment